Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trip to Grandma's house

Last night we did a trip to Grandma's house. We had only been there for a little bit before Tanner asked "where is the other grandma?" I think he was talking about Grandpa, who was still on his way home from work. The kids had a great time. I did what I always do, which is clean up after my kids. My mom pulled out some chocolate covered peanuts to snack on while they watched a movie. Tanner kept getting one, taking a little bite and saying "don't like it" and then feeding it to me. It was a fun game for him, but I started to get a little tired of chocolate covered peanuts so I had Zoe take them to the kitchen and put them where he couldn't see them. My mom had surgery on Wed. to replace the joint in her big toe. I know the first time I heard it I laughed too "they can actually do that?". She is recovering well. She had made dinner and we went and ate. As we were eating I realized that of all times this is when I should have brought dinner. My mom had been able to scoot around all day on a chair with wheels to do some cooking. She had not been able to do any dishes, so I was able to earn my dinner with dishpan hands. I was halfway home with a car full of sleeping kids when I realized that I had left my purse. I turned around to retrieve it, arghh. When I got there my Dad had been following the landfall of hurricane Ike and the tales of those who refused to evacuate. He drew an analogy with those who do not heed the warnings in the last days. I listened to talk radio and tried to find some coverage of what was going on-and realized there is a lot of goofy talk radio out there late at night. It is 8:30 and my kids are still asleep. They never sleep past 6:30, this is a little weird.

No comments: