Sunday, November 30, 2008

Zoe is 7!

Zoe is having a birthday Zoe will be turning seven on Tuesday. In honor of her special day we sat down at family counsel today to make a list of the things that make Zoe special. Here is the short list. Zoe is:
a reader
determined/tenatious
a singer
detail oriented
a great helper
doesn't snore
(this was Molly's comment, to which Zoe replied "when I had curly hair I snored")
a runner
a great student
good at sharing
Other fun facts about Zoe, when we measured her on the wall for her birthday we discovered that Zoe at seven is the same height Molly was at six. We of course used this as an opportunity to encourage Zoe to eat more healthy foods. We'll see how that works out.
As we missed making a list of things we love about Heidi for her birthday we made one for her today as well. Here it is.
She is the straw that stirs the drink-she makes the fun
she tries new things
she exaggerates
she is funny
she is a fighter and sticks up for herself
(she was proud to announce that she "bounced Molly down on the tramp" at Grandma's house)
she is kind
she is a good friend
Last, but not least, the kids made a list of things they love about mom. This was a little tough because they started to get silly and then had a hard time getting out of the tailspin. Here is the results of their efforts: Mom
is patient
puts up the Christmas tree
is a mom
makes cookies
takes us shopping
does laundry and keeps clothes clean
lets the kids help
is a good cook
helps with homework
has a testimony
sacrifices for our family
takes us to church
It is a really sweet list. I know they love me, if they would only show it by actually doing the things I ask them to do. I wish I had the motivating power that Santa does this time of year. I don't, but I am willing to take his name in vain to accomplish my purposes. It is one of the joys of being a parent.
Oh, I asked my kids to write letters to Santa today. Zoe said she didn't need to because Santa already knows what she wants. When they didi all sit down and put pencil to paper it was a regurgitation of the American Girl catalogue. Santa will just have to figure this one out on his own. It is a good thing Mrs. Clause is pretty sharp.;)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Zoe! And Happy Belated Birthday Heather! Hope you guys are having fun.