Sunday, January 25, 2009

As the laundry turns

I know that my new years credo was to increase the amount of sleep I was getting. So far it has been a bust. Things that have been keeping me from getting to bed at a reasonable hour:
-dishes, lots of dishes
-cleaning my house in preparation for the babysitter coming. If you have not done this before you either don't have kids or don't go out. My regular day care provider just had a baby so we had a back-up coming to our house. As we were cleaning we were singing the praises of Amanda. Bad juju. We found out today she is moving. All I can say is San Antonio is getting a jem and we are totally bumbed.
-laundry-which is what is going on tonight so my kids have something clean to wear to school tommorrow. I usually stay up folding, but I haven't washed anything for 8 days. My kids were starting to rifle through the dirty clothes for necessary items. My bathroom was starting to stink from wet towels. It took me 30 min just so sort the laundry, how did I let this happen?
-American Idol-the people who sing badly make me feel better about myself. Not because I can sing, but because I have people in my life who love me enough to tell me I can't.
-Biggest Loser-best quote "Between them they have lost 93 pounds. That's a Nicole Ritchie." This show proves that diet and exercise work. It also shows you it is hard work. It is a lot easier watching other people work out. You have to really want to lose weight to go on national television wearing lycra (whose idea was that anyway?)
-Wii Tennis-this had become a favorite stress reliever for Reed and I, or it was until today when Reed started actually winning. I am not sure what happened to my game, but I gotta get it back. Reed is working on annual reviews for his employees right now (I am glad I don't have to do that) and has as a motivator that he can play a game of tennis after completing two reviews. I don't know that I am going to be able to make it through all 8 reviews with him, what is taking the dryer so long?

We tried to set goals for family counsel today. Zoe was highly motivated because she had just come from her 8 is great fireside and was jazzed up about reading the Book of Mormon. Everyone else, not so motivated. Molly decided she just wanted to play, play, play. We decided we should redirect her energy to play-ing the piano. Heidi wanted to remove her eyeballs. We suggested perhaps not teasing would be a good option, which she agreed to and which lasted as long as an Isreali cease fire (3 minutes.) I made Reeds goal for him-he is going to break Tanner's sleeping dysfunction by not falling to sleep with him every night. And Reed decided my goal should be to exercise every day. Does Wii tennis while I am waiting for the laundry count?

2 comments:

Mix Family said...

Yes, Wii tennis counts as exercise, especially if you win! And I wish that laundry and dishes burned as many calories as a 45 minute walk/run...hold on...caleb just found my chapstick and has dug his fingers into it* * *okay i'm back. The personal goals of M,Z,H and T are awesome. Biggest Loser is by far one of the coolest shows around. Wish we got more than one channel up here. I can always Youtube it. We'll be sending your check shortly! Thanks for keepin' it real on el blogger.

s said...

I played Wii tennis and Wii Fit and was sore for 3 days, heck ya it counts as excercise, and deuce for doing laundry and blogging all the while. way to multitask!