Tuesday, January 27, 2009

alas, mine eyes deceive me (yeah, I need more sleep)

I just put Tanner down for a nap. My usual MO is to read him two books and then tell him my eyes need a rest and then he falls asleep. The problem today is I couldn't even get through two books. As I was reading the first book my eyes began to get heavy, heavy enough that when my eyes closed I was seeing words to read and when I woke up I realized I was in the middle of a sentence that had nothing to do with The little engine that could. This happened three times before we got to the last page-it would be liberal to say I actually finished the book. Tanner then handed me another book. I only made it two pages before Tanner just took the book from me and started looking at the pictures. At some point he fell asleep and I woke up and here I am. Luckily Heidi has been busy creaing Mii's on the Wii and did not get into any trouble.

No comments: