Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh Holiday



Our neighbors the Dostals celebrated Christmas early as they were leaving to go home to Germany for the holidays. They got this cool little car and they have been good to share. They were riding around the other day and I had this flash forward and could see my kids loading into real cars with their friends and driving away and it was scary. I am hoping they can hone their ability to see what is going on around them and look at what is in front of them well before that time comes. For right now I am glad this car goes really slow. My kids usually spend a lot of time each day outside playing with Stella, Philena and

Arthur. When they are gone we really miss them, and their toys. We hope they are having a wonderful holiday in Germany.

I was feeling like I was getting my feet underneath me in the race towards Christmas and then yesterday I realized-I need to clean my house. I will confess right now that the most likely scenario is the bathrooms get cleaned, all the "stuff" gets thrown in boxes and tucked in closets to be forgotten and I pray that my family is so overcome with the Christmas spirit they don't realize that they don't have clean clothes. My kids are appreciating the fact that the hot chocolate has been flowing freely, bed times have been forgotten and that I have to have the TV on to keep Tanner from crying 70% of the time.
A treasure from Saturday:
Heidi as we were heading out the door to drive to the post office and send Christmas cards:
"Put your shoes on, we're going in."

No comments: