Friday, December 5, 2008

The doctor will see you now

I have been reading Ramona Quimby age 8 to Molly. Night before last we just happened to be reading a chapter about Ramona throwing up in school. I was 3 paragraphs short of finishing the chapter when Heidi sat up and started to cry saying she needed to throw up. She had been complaining of a sore tummy. I asked her if she wanted to go to the bathroom, or if she wanted a towel, but she did not and eventually when to sleep. Now, my kids throw up enough that when they say they need to throw up, they know what they are talking about. When I went into the girls room yesterday morning I was greeted with a foul smell. Heidi had thrown up in the night and was now sleeping in vomit encrusted bedding. She must have sat up to throw up and then lay back down, because there was emesis all over the floor. I will now note that the last thing Heidi ate was blackberries, so the stain had a wonderful pink/red hue to it. I was supposed to take Molly and Zoe to the doctor for annual checkups yesterday, but I didn't know how sick Heidi was, and to be honest I couldn't wake her up, so I called and cancelled and sent the girls to school to explain to their teachers to disregard the e-mail I had sent regarding their now non- existant doctor appointments. The carpet cleaners came around 1pm and the stain came out. As a bonus the rest of my carpet looks a lot better.
So I rescheduled Molly and Zoe's Dr. appointments, and then had to reschedule Heidi's appointment for today because they switched preschool and then as I was shopping for a gift for the gift exchange at the office Christmas party Tanner managed to dead weight himself while I was holding his left had and he has a dislocated his elbow, so he is going to the doctor today as well, 30 min before Heidi's appt. Curiously enough it was less than 50 yards away from where we were when he did this the first time.
I am not a very good shopper. Perhaps that is the reason why the holidays cause a bit of panic in me. Can I give my kids a gift certificate that says "This is good for one co-pay to be used to resolve any health related drama in the coming year"?
It is time to load up to go to the doctor.

No comments: