Saturday, December 6, 2008

New tools for my bag of tricks...

Tanner is doing great. The NP that saw us manipulated his elbow back into place, and Tanner cried a lot which made me feel awful for halfing to be there in the first place. She wasn't sure if it was back in so she left the room for a minute (I thought to get the doctor and go through the whole process again) and came back with a lollipop. She held down Tanners right arm and then held the lollipop up in the air and asked him to reach for it. He did, a sign that all is well. It was a cool trick.

For my second trick...Tonight was our ward Christmas party. We had the Dostals with us as well as Molly's friend Breelyn who are not members. The girls singing group was doing a number. So we went and ate-with little kids running around everywhere. And then we sat through a program-with kids running everywhere. And then we helped clean up with more kids running through dinner scraps that were left on the floor. It was really chaotic. And I can't help but think to myself, is chaos an effective conversion tool? Can you feel the spirit when you can't hear the person next to you to have a conversation? Hmmm....

2 comments:

jenjen said...

I finally caught up on all your posts-at least the first ones on this page. I love this latest tool-I will remember to call you!

Bruce and Zalia said...

Okay...whatever! Thanks for the update that you guys have a blog! I so didn't know about this until I was perusing Anna's. I am excited to see what is happening in your world since we never see or talk to any of you! What happened to Tanner?