Friday, December 11, 2009

Ode to Molly

Molly turned 10 years old
On November tenth
Seems like only yesterday
she came, from heaven sent.

I held up her clothes and thought
surely she'll never be this big.
Now she is trying to wear my clothes-
I am not ready for this.

Molly is a peacemaker,
is always kind to others,
she is smart and obedient,
I am glad that I'm her mother.

Molly planned this cake. I am not sure it turned out just as she wanted, but she was happy with it. We made a chocolate layer and a vanilla layer. She wanted vanilla icing in the middle, but I happened to have marshmallow fluff on hand, so we used it instead and then covered it in a chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Because life is crazy around here we did not eat this cake until two days after I made it, so the fluff had all oozed out. It looked really cool, and tasted pretty good too.



some things we love about Molly
(dad was gone, but Grandma Chris and Grandpa Jeff were here for FHE)
Heidi: She sits next to me at dinner. Our eye color is the same
Grandma Chris: She is tall, she is the oldest
Zoe: She is a nice sister to play with, she cares for us.
Grandpa Jeff: Great example of a big sister, born in Louisville during the fall meet at Churchill downs so we could see the horses race when we visited.
Tanner: Because she is so excited for Disneyland, she is not afraid of tall things.
Molly: I love me.

No comments: