Sunday, December 20, 2009

Change is Good

This is my wonderful husband with his dad. We took this picture after Reed was made the bishop of our ward on Dec. 6th. For any of you keeping tabs that makes for a whirlwind weekend for us at the end of a very long week. I could try and explain what a Mormon bishop is, but someone else already has so if you are curious... Reed was very humbled by the assignment and has been incredibly busy with duties related to this new calling. He was really busy before. We have joked that you never experience any personal growth when you are coasting down hill. We now have a sizable hill to keep us spiritually in shape. I think Reed is getting more of a workout. I am grateful to be married to a good man who loves me and loves Jesus Christ. One of my Grandpa Mix's favorite scriptures was from Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." This change has made our life a little more hectic, but I know that we are blessed when we serve others, and have faith that this change will be good.

No comments: