Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh Poop!

I love it when my kids want to help. Tanner wanted to help this morning while I was eating my breakfast (whole wheat toast with homemade apple butter-I was really enjoying it, until...) Heidi came up to me and announced that Tanner was swirling the toilet brush in the toilet and there was poop in it. Arghh. Apparently one of my kids did not thouroughly flush (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), and Tanner wanted to help clean up the mess. What a mess it was. It could have been worse. I banned him to the stairs for a time out while I cleaned up and sprayed everything down and then wiped it again (spray wipe spray for those of you with an infection control background). I then went and talked with Tanner about the toilet not being a toy and how we don't play with poop. But he is two so did it sink in?
So we went on a walk to the park and Heidi was being careful not to run over dog poop on her bike. She pointed out one particularly impressive chunk to Tanner as a precaution. He was lagging behind and when I turned around shortly after to encourage him to keep up he was holding the previously mentioned dried piece of poop and examining it.
Ick.

No comments: