Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hooray for handy friends!

I mentioned my plumbing perils to some friends over pizza after our practice for the primary program on Friday. Devin Hunsaker called Reed while I had the girls at HSM3 (a fun Saturday diversion) and said he would come and take a look. He figured out the problem. Turns out we just needed a new wax seal on the toilet. When the tile was installed in the bathroom before we bought the house the toilet had been installed incorrectly, so it has been leaking for a really long time. The cost $7. This was a sharp difference from what I was anticipating. There is a lot of damage to sheet rock and potentially the lumber that has been soaked, but we are drying it and will see were we stand once it is dry. After Devin left Reed spent a fair amount of time reveling in Devin's handiness and his knowledge of all things construction related.

I had to give Tanner a bath tonight because he was stinky (two trips to the park today and lots of running around outside). Heidi got in to clean her feet and the face paint on her cheek . I don't mind the face paint. The disconcerting part is that she went over to the Dostals and had it done and I didn't realize she was gone until she shows up with a butterfly on her cheek. As she was getting in she told me "I'm not a real Gymnast", but what I heard was "I'm not a real Genius". I told her that maybe she could be a real genius when she grows up and she just looked and me really funny and then corrected me.

No comments: