Sunday, September 29, 2013

life in the fast lane

It is Sunday evening and it is the first time I have had down time in 4 days.  Tuesday I spent cleaning my house so that when the missionaries were here for a discussion that night the clutter didn't distract from the spirit.  After work on Wednesday I took Molly to a tri-stake fireside for mutual.  It was good but 40 min too long.  We arrived home and of course the other kids had not put themselves in bed.  Thursday morning Molly and I took off early to go to Dr Brooks office to get her braces off.   It was a 2 1/2 hour appointment.  The rest of the day was spent in preparation for Activity Days and shuttling kids around.  I made dinner at 3:30 because that was the only window of time I had.  Friday morning Reed and I left the house at 6am to go to Sedona so he could perform a wedding.  It was beautiful but too quick.  We did lunch a quick hike (15 min) and suffered from indigestion the whole way home from greasy spoon food (just barely feeling better actually).  Friday night was a soccer game, Saturday was work, Reed shuttled the kids around to various parties, practices, games etc...I went to the RS broadcast, came home and took Molly shopping.  Sat night late was preparing for 5th Sunday lesson at church, which spilled over to Sunday morning.  Then it was church, choir, feeding kids, trying to keep them on task and then to bed.  I am only writing this because sometimes you need to remember so you can appreciate quiet times later.

No comments: