Friday, February 20, 2009

What a week, and it is not over yet...

Monday.
The kids were out of school. They spent the day riding bikes and having fun with the neighbors. Around 3pm while I was doing the dishes I hear screaming coming from the garage and someone yelling, "just open the door!" I went to check out what was going on and as the door opened I was greeted by Tanner, covered with blood. It didn't take long to realize that he was going to need some professional attention. I was able to call a plastic surgeon in our ward and he was able to get him in right away. I left the kids with the neighbors and went and got Tanner stiched up. The laceration went all the way through his cheek so he got 10 stiches, three on the inside of his mouth, two in the deep tissue and five on the outside.
Tuesday.
I had the priveledge of participating in the judiciary process, also known as jury duty. I had taken all kinds of reading material. I arrived and sat down and 10 minutes later I was headed out for jury selection. Fortunately they did not need my services, but it was an interesting 3 hours. Rather than releasing us for the day we were told to get lunch and report back to the jury assembly room at 1pm. By the time I had gone through security and made myself confortable the regular protocol seemed to be changing. They weren't taking anyone out of the assembly room, and then they wouldn't let us go to use the restroom. Slowly people were able to contact people they knew on the outside and we learned that an inmate had escaped. They finally released us around 3:45. I was able to pick up food at Carolina's on the way home, a bright spot in an otherwise crummy day. I arrived home to realize that I had not adequately communicated the girls piano lesson time. They caught the last 20 min. Reed left to go to work when I got home, he had stayed home with Tanner who was in bad shape and hadn't been able to get much done.
Wednesday.
I played musical beds in the night because Heidi and Tanner did not sleep well. Reed stayed home with Tanner again. Tanner still is whiney, drooling everywhere and not eating well. When I arrived home from work at 5:45pm Reed was on the computer trying to meet a deadline and Tanner had just dropped a glass bottle full of Italian soda on the floor. What a mess.
Thursday.
Surprisingly uneventful. I was not able to get out and run any errands because Tanner was just not up to it. We did "clean out the fridge" for dinner. It is ready for a reload.
Friday.
I went to bed too late,(laundry) was up with Tanner and when I went to get in my bed Molly had taken by spot. I struggled with the motivation to get started because I feel crummy (I have been congested the last week also). I finally got the car loaded up to go to the grocery store and it wouldn't start. To be honest I haven't had the energy to deal with it. I am pretty sure it is the starter. This will probably cause a problem because I have to work tommorrow and Monday.
I could use a day of rest, does anyone mind skipping Saturday this week?

2 comments:

holly and matt said...

poor thing. I wish I was closer so I could help. I'll say a little prayer for heather dearest.

Mix Family said...

oh man. what a week. sounds emotionally draining and physically exhausting. wish i could help out some way. got anybody who owes you?...anyone you could call in a favor to?